Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Reinsdorf Has Some Balls... Four Rings???

ESPN- As Chicago Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf prepares to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his team's first title, he's sensing the Bulls may be on the verge of another championship era.  Michael Jordan will be at the United Center on Saturday with other former Bulls to celebrate the first of six titles the Bulls won in the 1990s. But nostalgia will be mixed with anticipation as the Bulls have at least one interested observer confident that another championship run could be near.





"If you don't see something special in Derrick Rose, then you're blind," Reinsdorf told the Chicago Sun-Times. "We have an outstanding coach, an outstanding bunch of players, the team is deep, and if we stay healthy we have an awfully good chance of winning at least four championships."
Rose, 22, is considered the favorite to become the youngest MVP in NBA history. He and Tom Thibodeau, who is a strong candidate for coach of the year, have positioned the Bulls as the No. 2 seed in the East.
"I think the sky's the limit for us right now," Rose said Wednesday morning. "I think everybody in this locker room, they want to win a championship. They're winners.


Did I just read this correctly?  FOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS?  Four?? That comment just completely floored me.  Broke my ankles as if I were guarding a Derek Rose crossover. If that's not putting pressure on your young team, I don't know what is.  But you know what?  I think they can take it.  And I think they will take it.  Rose has already proved that playing in front of your hometown city as the number one pick doesn't shake him.  Noah has two rings from college.  Boozer is rock solid and as consistent as any post player in the league.  So maybe Reinsdorf's comment does hold some merit?  I know it's not uncommon for players to guarantee victory, or even coaches now (I'm especially referring to that fat scum bag Rex Ryan in NYC) but OWNERS? 

 I looked it up and can't find any owner stating something as outlandish as this - Not even Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, or that bag of bones Al Davis.


No comments:

Post a Comment